Saturday, October 8, 2011

Russian Dolls: Blog Quoted in Sheepshead Bites!




Imagine my surprise this morning to see myself quoted on this very popular website, "Sheepshead Bites?"  Apparently, they really enjoyed my blog about Marina's press release that was full of "hilarious snark."  I was going to blog about their article indicating that Russian Dolls may not be cancelled after all.  There is some "maneuvering" going on behind the scenes, trying to air it at different times with sister stations.  However, everyone in the cast seems to be "acting" (and I use the term loosely) as though there will be NO season two.  They are all tweeting and updating their facebooks with posts to the contrary.  They are moving on with other projects.  And I happen to think that is a good idea.  They shouldn't hold their breath for a season two.  Eddie is applying to Real World.  He wants to make the most of his 15 minutes of "lame."  Svetlana is making Russian Doll necklaces, Renata has her Passionista Movement, Anna has her modeling school/career, Anastasia can spend the next ten years in college figuring oout what to major in, Michael can try to focus on his law office and get a backbone so he can stand up to his wife, and as for Marina...let her eat cake! 


And a side note for Lifetime: You aired this show on a "women's network" and yet you didn't see a problem with the Eddie and Albert confessionals that always offended women?  How was that going to endear the show to your audience?  I found those "sidebars" very distasteful and unnecessary, but then again, as I say, what do I know?  I never produced a television show.



Picture credit: Sheepshead Bites  

4 comments:

  1. ..Just don't forget to mention who was the first person to tell you to post and write about her b.s "press release" ;)


    Roman "The Solution" Itkin

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9iIcsb0_Fw

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have but you did it anonymously if you recall? I didn't want to assume it was you. But that was a great find and I think I did it justice for you! Good Luck Roman, I hope you get your shot one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes you did Nina and thank you ;)

    Your blog was heck a lot more fun to read then it was to watch this train wreck of a show..
    Please don't stop your blog about this show.

    Roman "The Solution" Itkin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roman, what would I write about without the train wreck? That is the question, lol.

    ReplyDelete